Sales Team Member
As a Retail Sales Team Member with Fort Worth Camera, you will be one of the first to see the latest in the photo industry! A desire to keep up with the fast pace of the photo industry is key for this position. That very desire is what will help you guide your client to ensure a smart buying decision, leave the store with a positive experience, and excite them about the joy of photography!
Knowing the technical aspects of cameras, lenses, lighting and all accessories is where we strive to excel. Helping clients enhance their photographic experience is paramount and something buying online can not provide. Fort Worth Camera is sought out by photographers, videographers, moms, dads, families, and all of those who want to experience the joy photography can bring. Our job is to provide them all with a great level of expertise whether they come in for a camera, lens, repair, photographic print, or just a lens cap.
The right candidate will be offered a compensation package that will include an hourly wage plus an incentive program. This combination can be very rewarding depending on the motivation and effectiveness of the seller. We also offer gracious employee purchase program, and other employee benefits.
- Previous sales/retail experience in a high paced environment
- Basic photography skills and advanced knowledge of the concept of digital or film photography
- Basic knowledge of photographic accessories
- Basic knowledge of video cameras of all current formats
- A willingness to provide exceptional customer service
- A desire to sell
- A positive attitude
- Good organizational and excellent time management skills
- Ability to recognize the client’s needs and exceed their expectations
- Willingness to take initiative and work well within a team
- Proactive and self-controlled work ethic
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients
- Highly proficient level computer skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Ability to achieve and maintain sales goals
Basic Knowledge Required
Basic knowledge of the following camera types and their common uses:
- SLR, mirrorless, point and shoot, film camera, large format camera, medium format, drones, instant cameras, action cameras, 360 cameras, etc.
Basic knowledge of the following photography-related terms, accessories, and their common uses:
- Shutter speed, ISO, depth of field, f-stop, aspect ratio, white balance, external flash, sensor size, HDR, gimbals, microphones, filters, transmitters, tripods, lenses, etc,
- Lens related terms: focal length, fixed focal length, zoom, crop sensor lens vs full sensor related to lens mounts, filters, extension tubes, image stabilization, macro, prime, vignetting, lens hoods, etc.
- Lighting: external lighting, continuous lighting, diffusers, light modifiers, reflectors, ring flash, soft box, strobe lighting, umbrella, color balance, color temperature, light meters, scrims, etc.
- Video related terms: 4K, 1080p, frame rates, media output, audio, pole-cat aspect ratio, bit rate, slider, shoulder rig, etc.
- Digital file formats, their properties, and uses
- Digital storage devices and their capacities
- Consistently meet or exceed personal sales targets while demonstrating a solid customer focus
- Initiate and leverage sales opportunities with the existing and prospective customers while developing and maintaining key clients
- Initiate or demonstrate strong personal sales to function independently and as apart of a team
- Develop strong product knowledge as well as customer knowledge
- Participate in industry training and conferences
- Manage and prioritize sales leads prepared by the marketing department; develop new accounts through analyzing, networking, and referrals
- Prepare rental contracts and quotes for existing clients
- Work on special projects and contribute to team efforts
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with our uniform policy
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and training events
- Perform housekeeping duties and maintain the look of the store as needed
- Complete other business related tasks as assigned by management
The Print Refinery – Production
As a Production Room Team Member of The Print Refinery at Fort Worth Camera, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with customers from printing of photographs to the creation of photo imaging products. Part of the excitement is that every customer has a unique story; it is up to us to help them tell it and share it through imaging.
Helping people make their images come alive with the “power of print” is a very rewarding experience. In addition to helping clients in the creative process, you will also be hands-on in the production of many of the photos and products you watched your customers create.
You will receive training on the operation and maintenance of each piece of equipment in our production room at The Print Refinery.
The right candidate will be offered a competitive hourly rate, a gracious employee purchase program, and other employee benefits.
- Basic computer skills
- Intermediate knowledge and application of Adobe Photoshop
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Lightroom
- A willingness to provide exceptional customer service
- A desire to produce quality photo products in a manner consistent to volume requested
- A positive attitude to learning new products and services
Intermediate Knowledge Requirements
Digital File Formats + Terminology:
SD cards, USBs, external hard drive, JPG, TIFF, PDF, RAW, MP4, PNG
Photo Printing Terms:
Aspect ratio, CMYK, sRGB, AdobeRGB, grayscale, press printing, wet-lab, dry-lab, wide format printing, dpi, scan resolution, dark-room printing
Film Format Knowledge:
35mm, 120 film, APS, 126, 110, large format, B&W, E-6, C-41, K-22, T-Max, color film, slide film, mounted slides
Video/Movie Format Knowledge:
8mm, 16mm, Reel-to-Reel, VHS, MP4, Hi8, MiniDV, etc.
- Delivering high quality photo products on time, every time
- Maintaining a professional appearance in accordance with our uniform policy
- Participating in weekly staff meetings and training events
- Conducting weekly lab inventories
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized workplace
- Assisting customers with their imaging products and other products and services
- Adapting to change in procedures, schedule and business needs with relative ease
- Working independently as a self starter
- Arriving punctually and ready to work
- Effectively troubleshooting
- Promoting harmony and teamwork
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets while demonstrating a solid customer focus